Is There an Effective Way to Mitigate Downtime on an Enterprise Level?
The concept of website monitoring is nothing new in the modern digital realm. Website administrators of large and small enterprises understand performance and reliability are two of the most important factors when it comes to building a quality reputation and increasing rank in search engine results. However, when it comes to actually choosing a monitoring tool for your enterprise, you must choose one that you not only trust, but also one that offers the ideal level of service for your unique website. Websites are not all created equal, therefore, monitoring solutions are also just as unique in its technologies and offerings.
When you’re in the market for a website monitoring solution, there are several elements you must look for. While the following list is considered universally important, the only way to make an educated purchasing decision is to understand your enterprise and its unique infrastructure. It’s only with this understanding you’re able to achieve the level of monitoring necessary for continual high-performance and functionality.
Select the Best Monitoring Type or Types
There are five primary website monitoring types. All of which offer a comprehensive range of metric monitoring based upon the unique infrastructure of your enterprise. Experts agree, the best approach to website monitoring is combining several types to create a holistic monitoring technique capable of integrating into even the most complex and dynamic websites. The following are the most common types of website monitoring techniques:
- Active Website Monitoring – This form of monitoring utilizes the latest browsers to run simulated processes and actions that mimic the behavior of real visitors. Tests are executed across servers located throughout the globe to ensure all users experience the same quality experience.
- Real User Monitoring – Real user monitoring tracks and captures data as the visitor navigates throughout your website. By capturing exact behavior and experiences, you’re able to reveal real-world performance and metrics that ensure the actual experience matches the synthetic test experiences.
- Mobile Web Monitoring – More and more Internet users access websites through a mobile device or tablet. This level of monitoring ensures the website is optimized for a mobile experience.
- Web API Monitoring – Many websites utilize third party application monitoring programs and elements to enhance user experiences. While these elements provide limitless opportunities, they require a unique level of monitoring only capability via this type of monitoring technique.
- Transaction Monitoring – Modern websites utilize applications to execute a variety of critical business processes. This level of monitoring is essential for eCommerce sites or any enterprise that utilizes multi-step transactions to complete specific tasks.